Google+ BOXE FROM BELGIUM: Rhodes ready for Konecny Google+

vendredi 23 juillet 2010

Rhodes ready for Konecny




Ryan Rhodes is gearing up for war after watching video footage of next opponent Lukas Konecny. Rhodes defends his European light-middleweight title against the Czech on September 18 at the LG Arena in Birmingham, England. And he believes his opponent will be a formidable warrior. The 31-year-old has 44 wins and just three losses – none by stoppage – and is a former WBO world title contender, only losing against Sergiy Dzinziruk on a split decision.
“I’ve been watching videos of his fights, and put it this way, he doesn’t throw many jabs,” said two-time world title contender Rhodes.
“It’s all hooks and shots on the inside, so I know he’s going to be a pretty rugged customer.
“In fact, he could be one of the toughest opponents I have ever faced.
“I don’t think he’s going to let me rest for a second, so I’m going to have go into the trenches and really take the fight to him.
“He’s experienced as well so it might be one of those fights that goes right down to the wire.”
But Rhodes is confident after lifting the European title in another bruising encounter, against Jamie Moore last October.
“Everyone thought I would go into that one and try and box my way to victory,” said Rhodes.
“But I went toe-to-toe with him and wore him down. I’m going to have to do that against Konecny as well, but I can draw on that experience I got in the Moore fight.”

Aucun commentaire :

Enregistrer un commentaire