Google+ BOXE FROM BELGIUM: Chagaev ready for Haye Google+

lundi 15 novembre 2010

Chagaev ready for Haye

Chagaev ready for Haye
"That fight wasn't world championship level"
Yesterday Universum heavyweight Ruslan Chagaev (26-1-1, 17 KOs) watched the “Battle of Britain” between WBA champion David Haye and 2000 Olympic gold medalist Audley Harrison on TV. Chagaev, the WBA mandatory challenger, is the next opponent for Haye who won by third round TKO.
“I am totally disappointed by this performance,” commented Chagaev. “This fight was not at world championship level. Harrison didn’t do anything. In three rounds I saw three jabs. That’s it. And this was in a world championship fight. Haye only waited for the first two rounds, if he had started earlier, everyone could have gone to bed. I was as disappointed as the 22,000 spectators in the arena. Now the fight between Haye and I will be between the only boxers who have defeated Valuev. This will be an exciting fight, which I’m very happy about. Haye said he would like to retire on October 13 on his birthday, but he’ll already be able to do this after our fight since he’ll lose against me. I’ll be his first genuine test at heavyweight. I was a world champion and will be again. That belt belongs to me. The only reason I lost it was I was forced to vacate it.”

Aucun commentaire :

Enregistrer un commentaire