Google+ BOXE FROM BELGIUM Google+

jeudi 13 mai 2010


Albert Sosnowski Will 'Shock the World' Against Vitali Klitschko

5/13/2010 1:53 AM ET By Lem Satterfield
PrintAText Size
    • Lem Satterfield
    • Boxing Editor
When Ukrainian-born, WBC heavyweight champion, Vitali Klitschko, looks to defend his crown against Polish-born, Albert Sosnowski of Brentwood Essex England on May 29, he can look forward to one thing: A loss.

For the 31-year-old, nearly 6-foot-3 Sosnowski vows to that he will "Shock the world" when he meets the 38-year-old, nearly 6-foot-8 Klitschko at the 61,000 capacity, Veltins Arena, Gelsenkirchen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany.

Klitschko (39-2, 37 knockouts) is coming off of December's unanimous decision over 30-year-old American contender Kevin Johnson (22-1-1, nine KOs), of Atlanta.

Klitschko will be making the fourth defense of his title against Sosnowski (45-2-1, 27 KOs), having earned the belt with an October, 2008, eighth-round knockout ofSamuel Peter after having been out of the ring for four years.

"Everything happens for a reason, and this is my time," said Sosnowski, who is nicknamed, "The Dragon," and is attempting to become the first Polish heavyweight titlist. "Klitschko has ruled the heavyweight world long enough. I will win this fight for all of my Polish fans across the world."

Sosnowski is 45-2-1, with 27 knockouts, and weighed 228 compared to Klitschko's 247 for his last fight.

"Fighting Klitschko for the WBC world title is a dream-come-true for me. It looked like an impossible dream when I first started boxing, but now it will happen on May 29th. Winning the world title will be more than a dream, and then I will be on top of the world," said Sosnowski.

"It's very important and a great honor for me to be fighting on pay per view in the United States. Fans in the U.S. know about great Polish boxers," said Sosnowski. "First there was Andrew Golota, and now Tomasz Adamek. They have great names and unbelievable followings, packing arenas across the U.S., and I know that they will be supporting me 100-percent."

Sosnoswki is facing a huge challenge in Klitschko, who had stopped six straight opponents before facing Johnson.

"Both of Klitschko's hands are lethal, and he has an awkward style. He is powerful and tough. It's difficult to find a sparring partner who can simulate him because nobody fights his way," said Sosnowski, a former kick boxer.

"From a technical standpoint, Klitschko makes tons of errors, but he's very tough and intelligent in the ring," said Sosnowski. "He never lets you fight your fight but I will find a way to capitalize on the mistakes he makes in the ring."

Sosnowski's past comments have included calling Klitschko, "over the hill," adding that he "will regret that he picked me."

"I have nothing to lose, and I know people aren't giving me much of a chance. That's okay, though, they don't know what I can do or hard I'm training. I will be aggressive and take risks against him because too many fighters have gone in the ring against Klitschko just to earn a pay-check," said Sosnowski.

"I will move sideways, trying to explore his defensive errors, and see what happens when he gets hit," said Sosnowski. "Aggression, movement and speed are the keys for me to win. I will not just stand there and let him beat me like others did. It's all or nothing for me."

Aucun commentaire :

Enregistrer un commentaire